Usercode in bit/mcs file

Hi all,

When using Xilinx iMPACT to program an PROM, one has the option to enter a Usercode. Is there any way to predefine this Usercode in a .bit file or .mcs file, so that one doesn't have to enter the Usercode manually?

I tried adding the option "-g UserID:48161000" to the bitgen command, but that didn't do the trick. Is there anything else one needs to do?

The PROM is an xc18v02 and the FPGA is a Spartan IIE.

Thanks in advance, /Jerker

Reply to
Jerker Hammarberg (DST)

The MCS and EXO PROM file formats define only the programming of the data memory space of the PROM. Since the USERCODE value exists outside this space, it cannot be represented in a standard MCS or EXO file.

The bitstream >Hi all,

Reply to
Neil Glenn Jacobson

Thank you, that's what I needed to know!

/Jerker

"Neil Glenn Jacobson" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@x.i.l.i.n.x.c.o.m...

Reply to
Jerker Hammarberg (DST)