use of radix-2 ffts

Hello again,

Can a radix-4 fft be used to construct any type of radix-2 fft. e.g. can I manipulate a 64 pt radix-4 fft to give me a 128 pt radix-2 fft ? If so, is the radix-2 fft of any use in dsp as it usually results in larger and slower ffts than the radix-4 version.

As always thanks for all replies.

Bob Carter

-- My ignorance is shameful, but I would rather be ashamed than ignorant. Better, I would rather be neither !!!!

Reply to
Bob

Yes. You can factorize 128 as 64*2 and use a radix-4 FFT to do two 64 point FFTs followed by a two-point FFT ( butterfly ). You can follow it with a 3-point FFT to get 192.

Reply to
Sandeep