USB phy in dev board

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has implemented a physical usb interface in a development board of altera that has not mounted a usb inf.

The core for usb1.1 and 2.0 are available but do i need certain physical layer to implement usb?

I heared that for low speed i dont need to implement anythin just drive the wires into the fpga but for high speed i need to implement the phy intf.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
Angelos

"Angelos" writes: |> Hi all, |> |> I would like to ask if anyone has implemented a physical usb interface in a |> development board of altera that has not mounted a usb inf. |> |> The core for usb1.1 and 2.0 are available but do i need certain physical |> layer to implement usb? |> |> I heared that for low speed i dont need to implement anythin just drive the |> wires into the fpga but for high speed i need to implement the phy intf.

If you need a High Speed (480 Mbit/s) USB 2.0 interface, it is probably safest and least trouble to pick an existing integrated PHY such as

Markus

Reply to
Markus Kuhn

For USB1 1.5 Mbps it can be done with a mcu-PIC, 12 Mbps can proberbly also be accomplished fairly easily. USB2 480 Mbps is another ballgame.. but with enough MHz it maybe will work .. ;)

Reply to
pbdelete