USB Cable - RHEL 6.2 and ISE 13.3

Hello.

I'm having trouble using the "Platform Cable USB II" with my new linux box.

Basically, when I plug the USB cable into a windows box, the green light comes on, but if I plug it into the Linux box, no light comes on. And impact does not connect to the cable.

At first I got a message from impact saying to install windrvr 6. I ran the install script for that and now impact will just say that it cannot connect to the cable

I've also tried a solution from General S. here for an earlier version of red hat which involved installing libusb and edits to the rules file, but that has not worked.

Has anyone else had success with this combination?

I have a web case which is crawling along at a snail's pace. How can Xilinx list this as a "supported" operating system? (rhetorical question)

Thanks.

hotrodtodd1968

libusb is the way to go, I'm using it sucessfully with Ubuntu/Gentoo/Centos/SLC6/... As long as the programmer led does not got orange or green its a fxload issue. make sure the firmware files and the rules are in place. try to run fxload by hand to see if it works. As soon as the LED is on you can try to find out where impact searches for libusb.so and create a symlink to your actual lib if needed.

HTH

Reply to
rndhro