usb cable driver

Hi All,

I have a XupV2P board, ISE 9.1 and Windows Vista. I can't find the right driver for my USB cable to download my bitstream. Does anyone know where to find it ?

Thanks, Andre.

Reply to
Andre van der Avoird

...in the Xilinx ISE installation program. I noticed it in the 9.2i setup.exe on XP when the items are checked by the user for installation of the components. In addition to the various CPLD and FGPA families, there are check-boxes for "standalone programmer" and "cable driver." That last item is critical. Maybe it's time to upgrade to 9.2i since you need to reinstall this item anyway.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

Thanks John, Can I upgrade with an online update from 9.1 or do I need a complete new install ? Problem is my webupdate doesn't work.

Andre

John_H wrote:

Reply to
Andre van der Avoird

If you do a fresh install of 9.2i, it'll be everything. If you do a reinstall of 9.1i, you can probably just install the cable drivers through I haven't gone through that exercise myself. The tools are already up to service pack 3 on 9.2i.

Reply to
John_H

Reply to
Andre van der Avoird

Two very simple options, use a USB to RS-232 converter or use the built-in BSCAN primitive and the user register to communicate over JTAG. If you use the latter, you can have a virtual development board on a computer and all you need in hardware is a PCB with a FPGA and a JTAG header (i.e. no buttons, no LEDs, no switches, no slow comm. interfaces).

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks

I was going to try to the first but the second sounds better. Could you explain how to set that up ? I'm a newby here, all I can find in the manuals is to use the serial port and run hyperterminal to read and write. To use your method I'd need to know how to tell the board to send the IO over JTAG and also how to view the data on my PC.

Thanks a lot > Two very simple options, use a USB to RS-232 converter or use the built-in

Reply to
google