Upgrading the EDK from 6.3

So, having had something of a forced absence from FPGA's for a few months, I've just been looking at upgrading to 7.1 for both ISE and EDK. My BaseX subscription seems to have allowed me to update ISE to 7.1, but I can't see any way of upgrading my EDK ?

Questions:

1) Is it possible to do an upgrade, or is it a question of re-purchasing the EDK every time there's a release ? I bought it in March (just checked the order :-) and I thought you got upgrades for a year ?

2) Will the EDK 'service pack 7_1_01' (which I do seem to have access to) upgrade a 6.3 version of the EDK ?

3) Am I simply being stupid and missing the blinking neon lights somewhere on the site saying 'Oy, it's over here'... ?

Tx for any help :-)

Simon

Reply to
Simon

The 'service pack 7_1_01' is a update for the EDK 7.1 I think But I'm sure when you want EDK 7.1 you must buy it. It not possibl update EDK 6.3 with EDK 7.1 without pay somethink

Reply to
digi

Could someone from Xilinx please comment on whether this is true ?

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
Simon

Simon,

Xilinx will send you an update CD for the EDK if your subscription is still valid. I purchased BaseX/EDK 6.3 back in December, but had problems getting my upgrades for both. The first problem was that both packages were still registered to the vendor I bought them from, rather than myself, so I couldn't download the ISE update. The second problem was that I didn't receive the EDK update CD.

Both problems were resolved relatively quickly and easily by calling the Xilinx toll-free support number. Give them the product number and place of purchase, and they'll set you right up. I had much, much less luck with the email support address given in the registration acknowledgement email. Not much help at all...

-- Mark

Sim> So, having had something of a forced absence from FPGA's for a few

Reply to
Mark Fleming