unified protocol

Hai,

Any anyone can list test cases to verify unified protocol.

regards,
raj

Re: unified protocol
CONGRATULATIONS!

You have won today's "Least well specified question" prize.

;-)

Re: unified protocol
hai ,

can anyone suggest how to test and verify unified protocol layers?

regards,
raj

Re: unified protocol

Yes...anyone can suggest anything.

Perhaps if you ask a more specific question instead of an open ended
one you'll get better responses.

KJ

Re: unified protocol

It seems there is no "Unified Protocol" standard that is obvious from
a quick Google search.

Is there a *specific* "Unified Protocol" you are interested in and, if
so, have you looked at the official website fo the group that controls
that standard?  Often there are test standards available or links to
companies that can provide testing IP.

- John_H

Re: unified protocol
Hai,

Unified protocol is MIPI standard.

In general i would like to know what is the maximum data that can be
exchanged between the devices using this protocol?

what are the various modes of data exchange?

regards,
raj

Re: unified protocol
For anyone but 'raj' who is interested, apparently he is talking about a
as-yet-to-be-released standard:
http://www.mipi.org/wgoverview.shtml

I think he's going to be on his own here...

Toodle-pip!

Re: unified protocol

The MIPI standards are available for download to any member, or employee
of a member company. My company is a listed member, so I just went and
registered. I got a registration response back in less than 5 minutes.

Your question is unclear. Do you want to know how much data can be
transferred in one packet, or the maximum throughput in units/secs? Note
that the second answer depends on what level you are measuring the value
(L1 - L4), what bit rate you are running at, and how many lanes (1-4)
you have.

RB

Re: unified protocol
Hai,

I want to know how different is unified protocol compared with OSI and
TCP/IP?

regards,
raj

Re: unified protocol

I'd say that you need to get attached to a member company and get the
documents. There is a good comparison between the L1-L4 stack and the
OSI stack in the reference. I'm not sure it can be compared to TCP/IP
since one is truly point-to-point, in a small device such as a camera or
phone, and the other is for multipoint, usually much larger, networks.

RB

Site Timeline