undefined reference to `xilkernel_main'

I am usig xilkernel on microblaze spartan 3 board. I am getting an unusua error that is

undefined reference to `xilkernel_main'

when i write the code below

int main (void) { print("-- Entering main() --\r\n"); xilkernel_main(); print("-- Exiting main() --\r\n"); return 0; }

Any idea what is wrong. I did configure input and output port (as RS232) i am using timer1 as the sytem timer for xilkernel. I have staticall linked only two task using "software Platform Setting" i 'static_pthread_table' entry. There is no resource on this subject o xilinx website. Please help.

David

Reply to
david

Hello David,

I just ran into the same error the other day, and the reason I got the error was that the parameter MYAPP_LFLAGS in the file myapp_compiler.opt (in the __xps directory) wasn't set properly. It should be set to

-lxilkernel in order to include the kernel when linking the code. (The same parameter should be set in the same way in the system_incl.make file)

Btw, I have had problems working with the Xilkernel in the XPS GUI. Not until I edited the make- and opt- and mss-files manually and compiled the applications in cygwin I was able to build the project properly. Hopefully this is fixed in EDK 8.1...

Johan Bernspång, xjohbex@xfoix.se
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Johan Bernspång