Unconnected Ports

When using a xilinx DCM, I receive the following warning - Xst:753 - ... Unconnected output port 'CLK2X' of component 'DCM'.

Is there someway to let XST know that I dont want anything connected to that port. There is about 6 ports on the DCM that I don't intend to use.

Thanks,

Joel

Reply to
Weddick

Just translate "warning" as "reminder" or "observation", if that gives you more mental peace. Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

I think that all software that generates warnings should have some way to say "Thank you, I thought about that one." The main goal is to preserve the signal/noise ratio. If I have to ignore too many warnings I won't be able to find the important ones.

Hal Murray

Definitely, even better if it can be done on a line-by-line (enclose statements in a compiler directive) or at least file-by-file basis, much like it can be done in most decent C compilers (and MSVC as well).

I guess it becomes more difficult for the latter stages of synthesis when the 'code' bears little resemblance to the originating source?!?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark McDougall

Weddick schrieb:

Yes, it's annoying. 'port => open' doesn't suppress the warning.

cheers Gunther

Reply to
Gunther Mannigel