Unable to Download on STRATIX (EP1S25F1020C5) Development Board using NIOS IDE

hi group, I have just started using NIOS II with Quartus II ver 4.2 ..I tried a simple project having a NIOS CPU, an onchip-memory(16Kbytes)and an led PIO. Using IDE i made a C application program and included the respective .ptf file..after succesfully building the the project , when i am RUNning the application it is giving a warning in the console-- "Using cable "ByteBlasterII [LPT1]", device 2, instance 0x00 Pausing target processor: not responding. Resetting and trying again: FAILED Leaving target processor paused"

Could u pls help me out or any suggestions related to the above problem >>>>

Hardware & Softwares used >>>

  1. Quartus II ver 4.2
  2. NIOS II evaluation version
  3. NIOS II IDE(Integrated Development Environment)
  4. Stratix Board (EP1S25F1020C5)
  5. ByteBlasterII

regards, sankalp.singhal

Reply to
sankalp.singhal

hi sankalp.... Have u downloaded the basic NIOS core into the FPGA first???? Coz after that only u can download ur compiled code from the NIOS IDE...

Reply to
CODE_IS_BAD

hi, I have downloaded the .sof file on my board.(Not sure weather the board is configured properly or not)...thereafter only i tried to download the c application over it....

regards, sankalp.singhal

Reply to
sankalp.singhal

hi puneet, could u suggest me any links related to NIOS II and NIOS II IDE ......

Reply to
sankalp.singhal

hi sankalp.... there is lots n lots of material on altera website.... U can download whole lot of stuff... Also there r some reference designs given in those pdfs u can follow the step by step procedure and check it out (ex LED blinking, timer count display on LCD and the 7-segment displays etc.)... It works for my case :-)

Reply to
CODE_IS_BAD

There is plenty of information on Altera's website, such as:

If you've installed QII and the Nios tools, you should also have a whole pile of documents on your system (try something like c:\Altera\kits\nios2\documents). Print out the "getting started" and "tutorial" documents and work through them.

In future, could you (and "CODE_IS_BAD") please note that this is an English language newsgroup (being an international group). If English is not your native tongue (or if, like me, you just can't spell very well), then there is no problem with poor spelling or grammar. But there is no excuse for writing in some silly teenage "SMS" code, or failing to use capitals as appropriate.

mvh.,

David

Reply to
David Brown

Make sure that unused IO are tri-stated in your fpga design.

--Dalon

Reply to
dwesterg

Hi Sankalp,

Check out and/or post on the Nios forum ..

There's lots going on over there.

-- Pete

sankalp.s> hi puneet,

II