Ultracontroller II: PROM solution in EDK 8.1

Has anyone tried Ultracontroller PROM solution of V4 in EDK 8.1i?

The reference example is built by EDK 7.1i. I went through the flow again in ISE 8.1 SP3 + EDK 8.1i SP2. However, the resultant MCS can't program the XC4VFX12 properly (DONE LED didn't go high).

After I got the reference, I only added the -nostartfiles compiler option to fix the multiple _start problem.

Regards, louis

Reply to
louis lin

Hi Louis,

I'm also currently working with the UC2, but on a Virtex-II Pro.

First of all, make sure to replace some files as indicated in Answer Record #23011:

I also just solved a bug with the UC2 design on the Virtex-II Pro (I spent a week on it). It turns out that the file uc2.ngc is buggy. There is no error given by Xilinx tools however (which made is quite hard to debug), but the resulting bit file cannot be programmed in the FPGA (programming fails in Impact). The solution is to not use uc2.ngc at all and instead use uc2.vhd, also provided in the reference design. I don't know if the reference design for the V4 has the same issue though...

Best of luck,

Patrick Dubois

louis l> Has anyone tried Ultracontroller PROM solution of V4 in EDK 8.1i?

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your help. Actually, I patched Answer #23011 before going through the flow in EDK 8.1i. I'll try to use uc2.vhd instead of uc2.ngc.

Regards, louis

"Patrick Dubois" : snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

option to

Reply to
louis lin

Hi Louis,

Did you manage to fix your problem? If so I'd be interested to know the solution, as my struggling with the UC2 myself...

Anyone else using the UltraController II? I'd be interested to talk with someone who managed to get a system with UC2 + SystemAce running.

Patrick

louis l> Hi Patrick,

Reply to
Patrick Dubois