(uc)Linux support for Xilinx FPGAs is going to next level

Hi

V4FX Linux 2.6 by end of Aug 2006 MB uClinux 2.6 by Dec 6 2006 by

both will be pushed to open/GPL linux tree

thats the current schedule from Xilinx

--- for those who are interested then the new ver 5 MicroBlaze is fully compatible to ver 4 - I have tested with "old" uClinux 2.4.x images they run succesfully in MicroBlaze v5 based systems (in Virtex-4 targets).

Official support for Virtex-5 MicroBlaze (ver 5) will be included in EDK 8.2 SP2

Xilant XSIM simulator supporting MicroBlaze (and capable to run different uClinux versions) will shortly be available (Xilinx VP simulator currently does not succesfully boot uclinux).

Antti Lukats

PS Our rootserver had to be reformatted. I wish I would know who arranged that. Somebody must have been really angry, the attack was pretty mercyless.

Reply to
Antti

Thanks Antti. Any info on what has changed in V5 MB ?

( or is V5 just a tweak to have a compile-time variant that runs better on the V5 silicon ? ) Do you know if WebPACK users will be able to evaluate this, at least on V4 silicon ?

[I guess not on V5 silicon, as WebPACK specifically excludes that ?]

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Jim Granville schrieb:

MB v5 compiles ok for recent FPGAs eg s3/e, V4, etc. having webpack and EDK 8.2 you can eval MB v5. MB v5 Virtex-5 support is officially coming in EDK 8.2 SP2

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Antti> Hi Antti> V4FX Linux 2.6 by end of Aug 2006

Huh? The V4FX has been nicely supported in the mainline kernel since

2.6.16 (March '06) - And V2P since 2.6.10 (Dec '04).
--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard
Reply to

Peter Korsgaard schrieb:

Hi Peter,

I am more interested in MicroBlaze uClinux-2.6 (currently the development is stalled on 2.4)

Xilinx announcement included both ppclinux and mb-uclinux 2.6 infos so I included both as well.

For V4FX I am currently using the "Pauls" environment from Johns website what is ppc-linux 2.4.something(released feb 2006), I was wondering why it was 2.4 and did think there must have been a reason for that (maybe there isnt).

I know I should try the v4fx linux without the Pauls setup (then 2.6) but just hasnt had time for that.

Antti

Reply to
Antti