trouble setting up ISE 6.3i in linux

i know Fedora is not officially supported but, has anyone had the following problem when trying to install ISE 6.3i :

[root@moose cdrom]# ./setup Wind/U Error (294): Unable to install Wind/U ini file (/media/cdrom/data/WindU). See the Wind/U manual for more details on the ".WindU" file and the "WINDU" environment variable. Wind/U X-toolkit Error: wuDisplay: Can't open display

************ setup done! ***************

[root@moose cdrom]# echo $DISPLAY :0.0

as you can see, i start the setup and it cant seem to find the correct display i can run other X apps fine though... any one have any ideas?

--
Geoffrey Wall
Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engineering

Try "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.7" before you run the setup util.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

Am Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:26:03 -0500 schrieb Geoffrey Wall:

Try: export DISPLAY=:0 or export DISPLAY=hostname:0.0

It seems, Wind/U has problems parsing ":0.0" correctly.

Greetings, Jan

Reply to
Jan Bernauer

It seems that the program can't connect to X. I had the same problem. I had to enable TCP connection to my X server. For this you should search trough the doc of you ditrib. In my case I'm using Ubuntu (debian) and gdm as login manager, so I had to edit the file /etc/gdm/gdm.conf and change:

DisallowTCP=true

into

DisallowTCP=false

Then I restarted gdm and the problem was over. If it still doesn't work maybe you should also try to enable connection to X by typing "xhost localhost" or "xhost +" in a terminal (careful, the second one enable EVERYONE to connect to your server, what could lead to a security hazard).

H> Hi Geoffrey,

Reply to
Bertrand Rousseau