transport applications

Hi Symon

Well the #5.2B looks pretty cheap compared to the big dig we have here in Boston that only cost $16B I think for a similar cross city tunnel. Still the city will look a lot better afterwards. Thanks to all the US taxpayers :-)

regards

johnjakson_usa_com

Reply to
john jakson

Narcis,

I hope to use FPGA or CPLD to control of train movement (signalling).

I prepared some state machines for a small station and it seems to be working. Just think about a conception of the adaptation my solution to a real line in Poland. I would like to implement signalling functions to probably CPLD but there still will be required a software in control center. There are 18 small stations. There are 6 people on each station. Using automatic equipment some people can be moved to other jobs. It is very useful for national railway companies from East Europe block to improve single lines.

Regards

Jacek Mocki

192x64
Jacek Mocki

Austin,

Thank you very much for your reaction. There are very important information. I will send you an personal email.

Regards

Jacek

Reply to
Jacek Mocki

Yes, in the first step each bitmap is changed in format for easy serialisation 1 bmp at a time, and the second step is showing it as bmp 0 lasting 1T, bmp 1 lasting 2T, and so on showing the entire gray-scale graphic in 1/64 sec and an animation at 64 frames/sec. The CPU works just a little and I put a H3003 at only 16MHz because I thought hard work for passing EMC but it was funny.

Yes, the official name is AVE but in Catalonia (we speech catalan) the acronim TGV sounds better :-)

Regards

Narcis Nadal

Reply to
Narc?s Nadal

I work in advertising and I just took contact with one project in signaling, it was a semaphoric control and I'm sure there are out there a lot of people with more experience than me but I want advise you: in logic don't forget the forbidden states, take some robust external logic (PLD or glue) for supervising the outputs (final lights) and another one for the entire system (WD is a complement but it don't suffit). Another thing very useful is testing the system remotelly changing the inputs in test mode looking for Murphy's combinations, and when you had a system entirelly verifiable, take another one with his own power supply as a backup. In an European railway network you must be EN 50155 and EN 50121 compliant, it means your equippement will be tested in isolation, EMC, surges, fast transients, overvoltages, voltage variations, temperature and usually in vibrations. I have done that in 3 projects (7 equipements) ranging from 3 to 9 months each one. Ah! don't begin the production before you had passed all the tests in a prototype, is usual to put the last minute's capacitor or ferrite.

Regards.

Narcis Nadal

Reply to
Narc?s Nadal