translating .jed files to equations

I am writing a VHDL model of an old cypress PLD (CY7C331). Does anybody know of any programs which which generate equations from .jed files for this device?

I have completed the translation by hand but am getting unexpected results and I cannot get any help from Cypress because they say the part is too old. If there are no programs which will do this a programmer's or user's manual for that chip would be extremely helpful.

thanks

john

Reply to
john williams

These older PLDs tend to be highly regular. Do you still have tool flow for the device ? - that can help confirm unsure FUSE mappings, by using some simple code-deltas.

Also, either with that older tool flow (or even manually on a device programmer) you can generate device test patterns, which can also help confirm (with a working device) that 'what you think the logic is', does indeed pass the vector tests.

-jg

Reply to
jim granville

If you know the specification of your old design, this will be better to re-write the VHDL source ... you will save many flops in the PLD.

Test patterns for reversing your .jed will be too dangerous.

Laurent

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch