Translate fails in ISE 8.1

If I try to run the 'Implement Design' process in my project, the ISE errors out immediately. There is NO message in the console...no indication of what may have failed. The synthesis reports OK. The only warnings in that are for ignored delay values and one unconnected port at the top level. These are fine.

I have checkd the command log and the only one the ISE invoked before the error was the xst stuff. It didn't even get to the translation phase. However, it reports 'Process "Synthesize" completed successfully'. Right after it says this, the error icons appear next to 'Implement Design' and the ISE stops.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
motty

Did your license expire? I seem to recall something similiar. I only figured out what was happening when I ran the command manually, and on the shell it printed out the error.

-Dave

--
David Ashley                http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture

Well, I should have tried this before, but I 'Cleaned the Project Files' and all is well. I am pretty conditioned to do that in the EDK anytime I see weird things, but have not had to do it in the ISE yet.

No license issue. I was going to try a manual shell command too. I guess the full set of error messages isn't necessarily piped up to the ISE GUI.

Thanks!

Reply to
motty

Doh! I spoke too soon. Somewhere along the way, the error ocurred again. I tried cleaning the project files and no joy. So I had to make a new project and pull all the files in again. This is really a pain in the arse. I have not had any problems before. Service packs are up to date as well. We just got our license for 8.2, but I am wary of upgrading.

I saw a similar post where no process would run in ISE. It just errored out before doing anything. It too said making a new project was the workaround.

Fark!

Reply to
motty