theta(jb) for V2-PRO in FG676

I haven't been able to find the junction-to-board thermal resistance numbers for the FG676 package (or any other package).

I know that theta(jc) is about 2degC/W, and we're curious as to how much thermal power might be going into our pcb. We can measure the theta(ba) of our pcb, and we do know the theta(sa) for our heatsinks. We could probably deduce the (jb), but we'd like some correlation from Xilinx.

Also, are any psi(jt) numbers available?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

numbers

Howdy Bob,

The "Device Packaging and Thermal Characteristics" (aka ug112.pdf) document, which can be had if you click on the "Packages & Thermal Characteristics" link on this page:

seems to say that theta(jb) and psi(jt) vary quite a bit from application to application, so I guess that's why they don't publish numbers for them.

much

The V2Pro userguide and ug112.pdf guide both agree with your ~2degC/W number. Note that the latest ug112.pdf has some errors in it ... columns are swapped around (theta(ja) of 250 lfm is shown as a smaller number than 500 or 750 lfm!).

Have fun,

Marc

-- Tired of popups and Microsoft security problems? Get the Mozilla free Firefox web browser:

Marc Randolph