The difference betweeen SLICEM and SLICEL

Hi, all: I know there are some differences between SLICEM and SLICEL, like "only the SLICEM has the RAM feature, SLICEL is just an LUT". In my opinion, the LUT/RAM in SLICEM can be understood as a writeable LUT, and the LUT in SLICEL is not writeable. Is it right?

Thank you.

Reply to
Stanley Lee

You're pretty much right but one aspect that isn't as clear in your delineation is that the "writeable LUT" can also be used as a shift register with a 16:1 mux for which bit in the shift register to use. The "writeable LUT" can also be used as a dual-port memory allowing writes independent of read. Both of these features are extremely useful in many designs as long as you know you can leverage them.

Reply to
John_H