The attributes specified to DCM instance doesnot get written to the .vm file

Hi , I create a instance of DCM as follows :

DCM i_DCM (... ... ... ) /* synthesis xc_props ="DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE = LOW,DUTY_CYCLE_CORRECTION = TRUE, */; //note this directive is on a single line without line-breaks

But I see that in the post-synthesis .vm file there is no defparams added for these attributes.

Please suggest,

Thanks, Sudhir

Reply to
Sudhir Shetty

That's normal as there is no tool which would need those parameters at that point. What's important is whether those parameters get written to the EDF file which goes into the PAR correctly and whether the Xilinx toolset uses the properly.

Reply to
mk

Hi , Thanks for the reply. But when i use .vm file to do a simulation , i will need those parameters in the .vm file .right ?

Thanks, Sudhir

mk wrote:

Reply to
Sudhir Shetty