Synplify crashing

I am using the Lattice ispLever tool for their PLDs and I seem to be having trouble with Synplify. It crashes frequently and I don't see any particular reason for it. It doesn't correspond to any particular action although there are times when it tries to load a project and will crash repeatedly at the same point.

I know that FPGA tools are not as robust as we would like, but this is pretty much ridiculous. I assume this is atypical?

I am trying Precision to see if it behaves differently, but I haven't used it enough to tell if it is going to crash.

I have also tried to use the Design Planner and it doesn't seem to work. When I invoke it, the log shows, "Launching: 'C: \ispTOOLS7_0_STRT\ispcpld\bin\flmainappw.exe @lattice.rsb'", and the cursor gets an hour glass. But after 5 seconds the hour glass goes away and nothing more has happened.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

Reply to
rickman

A little more info. I found forums on the Lattice site where I found others with a similar problem, but supposedly fixed six months ago. I can start the Design Planner separately, but when I load my design file (.ngd) the program is blown away trying to read address 0. I found however, that it will read the .ncd file and open. I assume it is trying to open the .ngd file when I use the IDE.

Reply to
rickman