Supplier of Xilinx XC2V1000 or 2V250?

I think these parts may be obsolete. I can't find any suppliers in the USA. I need package type FG456. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

Thanks,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Roberts

Look at

They list 53 pcs XC2V250-6FG456C in stock.

Uwe Bonnes

The Virtex-2 family that you are referring to is very much alive, and is the best-selling family in Xilinx history. Remember, the newly introduced families are "better", more capable, and faster, but the bulk of our shipments is obviously into systems that have reached production status and were designed a few years ago. For today's design-starts, the designers must carefully evaluate whether the older families are "good enough" or whether the better features and sometimes lower price of the newer family are more important. These are general statements, not Xilinx specific. Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Peter,

We all know that for new designs, new parts should be considered.

But all Dave was asking was if he could buy the parts. It's likely that he's got an existing design in production, and a redesign (and possible requalification, etc) is not an option.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Well, as I said: "it's our best selling family". That means it is very much available. I would guess that you will be able to buy it from Xilinx and our distributors for at least another five years. Is that enough? Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Avnet website shows that they have some XC2V250-6FG456C parts in stock. They also have some variant of the XC2V1000 in FG456 in stock.

and search, or:

Regards,

John McCaskill

Reply to