Strange problem with sysace + linux + Ace on SanDisk.

After upgrade ace file and some software code from application in linux, we seen some compact flash booting up 15 seconds longer than the "normal" system.

The problem seems to be CF dependent. The CF content is ok, but the boot time is 15 seconds longer on some flash and not everyone.

Copying or "dd" the content of CF to a good flash and the good flash works. Therefore I don't think this is a FAT16 related issues. I am guessing it is flash write relocation software in the SanDisk CF create long/complex bad block link list in the "failure" CF.

The "failure" CF still works on PC disk reader, but our FPGA have a watchdog to reboot the system if the software is not up in certain period of time, thus we notice the problem.

Has anyone else seen this? and maybe have a guess on what else can cause this?

-Tony

Reply to
tony.p.lee