Static Timing Analysis

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

We've been having lots of trouble closing the timing on our FPGAs with our bespoke vendor supplied static timing analysis tool.

Is anyone out there using a stand alone static timing analysis tool (other than Primetime from Synopsys, or anything supplied by the FPGA vendors)?

What is it? How do you find using it? What was the learning curve like?

Reply to
Chris