State Machine Trouble

I'm developing a state machine to read and write data into block ram.

When I make reading operation, the state is always the same, s0, and it is reassigned every time ram address changes.

The processes to detemine next_state and state operations are state sensitive. If state does not change, that processes are executed in any case?

Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco

Hi Marco,

if I understand you correctly your next_state generation process is of the form process (this_state) begin ... next_state

Reply to
Charles Gardiner

Your state machine should reacte to any transition in the clock (rising or falling) making it sensitive to clock change. However the reaction nature (FSM functionality) should be according to the present state.

the clock sensitive process is usually the one that is responsible for the state transitions (state

Reply to
Moti

Many Thanks to everyone!

Your help is very useful!