Start-up Xilkernel on Microblaze

Hi,

How many long Xilkernel take to startup with microblaze (System Clock : 50 MHz). On my design, the Microblaze need more than 30 second to create the first thread after xil_kernel_main().

Regards,

Yannick

Reply to
Yannick

Sounds like you have a large context switch interval configured. Check the value for the parameter systmr_internal (specified in milliseconds) in the kernel configuration. Also check if an incorrect value has been provided to systmr_freq. Assuming these two values are correct, the first context switch should take around about the time you have specified for systmr_interval. Note the kernel initialization time is dependent on the numbers you have configured for the various kernel features like number of threads/semaphores -- but unless you threw in a huge number there, this overhead should be negligible.

Reply to
Vasanth Asokan

when I remove verbose mode, xilkernel start-up in less than 1 second.

Yannick

Reply to
Yannick