Spooling from FPGA to the PC

Hi All

We are currently involved in some DSP work where by we need to do further analysis on the final results. The final result is 16bits which is being captured at 48kHz. Currently I am using SignalTap and using this I'm able to capture a max of

8k samples, however this is not enough (as RAM is finite) and I was wondering is there anyway of real-time spooling this data back to PC?

I'm using Nios Development Board (Cyclone FPGA) and ByteBlaster II.

Pls Advice Regards

Reply to
SneakerNet

That's 960 K bits/second. Some serial cards go that fast.

Hal Murray

You can use the parallel port of the computer. in ECP mode. I once reached

4Mbit/sec in an PC to PC communication without using DMA. You can find my program (Delphi 3.0) when searching for FastTransfer.zip. Well, even EPP should do it (theoreticaly 2Mbps).
Reply to
Jan De Ceuster

Have a look at FT2232C from FTDIchip.com. It is a simple USB slave controller that comes with the USB drivers. These drivers provide an UART com port on your PC. So interfacing this with your application is really easy.

If your USB bus is not busy with other peripherals, you can get up to

8Mbit/s. So this should be sufficient for your application.

/Daniel

SneakerNet wrote:

further

max of

Reply to
Daniel Leu

You could use the PC-interface part of our 'dlk' system construction kit, capable of doing data rates about 400-500 Kbytes/sec via the PC parallel port. All components of the ' dlk ' system construction kit including the source code can be used free of charge for not commercial applications or for evaluation purposes.

description see:

So if you have enough I/O´s left for implementing a parallel link to the PC, adapting our sources to Your (Cyclone) needs should do the work.

with best regards,

Peter Seng

############################# SENG digitale Systeme GmbH Im Bruckwasen 35 D 73037 Göppingen Germany tel +7161-75245 fax +7161-72965 eMail snipped-for-privacy@seng.de net

Peter Seng

This sounds like audio data. How about buying an audio card with s/pdif in and hooking your DSP to that via the fpga.

Reply to
Andrew Dyer