Spirit on Mars - Page 2

Re: Spirit on Mars
You're saying that FPGAs enjoy higher volumes than SRAMs?  Interesting...

Re: Spirit on Mars
Jake,

No, you are correct about SRAMs, I am wrong there.  My only point is
that SRAMs can not all be tested at LANSCE in the beam, and when they do
get around to it, there have been some spectacular single event latch up
problems (ie instant destruction of the device).

Austin

Re: Spirit on Mars
: Lest anyone spread rumors,

: Spirit used a 4K QPRO part for the squibs that fired for the parachute,
: the inflatable bag, etc for the Lander.

The Moessbauer Spectrometer has a Quicklogic QL30XX...

If I remember right, the APX has an Altera ...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Spirit on Mars
Uwe,

Thank you.  Very interesting.  This is the kind of info that is useful
to know.

Austin

Re: Spirit on Mars

I seriously doubt the paranoid EEs at JPL would allow any device which
couldn't stand the radiation load, and wasn't batch-tested for the
radiation load, onto the rover.

My personal bet would be software fault or a nontransient hardware
fault in non-memory.
--
Nicholas C. Weaver                                 snipped-for-privacy@cs.berkeley.edu

Re: Spirit on Mars
On a sunny day (Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:56:52 -0800) it happened Austin Lesea
It is obvious whodidit:
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/panteltje/mars/easthills-bunny.jpg

Re: Spirit on Mars

             Thats an interesting graphic to coool out the topic
Ram

Site Timeline