spartan3E : which differential inputs level fits CAN2B bus level ?

Hi groups,

for a CAN2B core demo : which differential input model for xilinx (spartan3E) can fit at best a 80C250 tranceiver ? I would like connect filed bus pair (canh and canl) directly to the fpga input diff. pair ? is it reallistic ? or a tranceiver is needed ? LVDS_25, MINI_LVDS ???

thanks raph

Reply to
rponsard

You really need a CAN transceiver.

CAN is not differential in quite the same way as other diff systems; CANH sits at a nominal 2.5V and goes above this for a dominant condition, CANL sits at a nominal 2.5V and goes below this for a dominant condition. Both sit at about 2.5V when recessive.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Look at the SN65HVD1050 from Texas Instruments. It's Hi groups,

Reply to
Peter Alfke

I use the TI SN65HVD232 in an existing design and I've never had a failure.

Here's the TI offerings for VDD = 3.3V:

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS