Spartan3E startup problems

i got a problem with the Spartan 3E starter kit from Xilinx, no matter what Mode pins are set for, the DONE LED is always turned on when i power on the board. I cannot connect to the board via JTAG pin headers either. All the voltages are correct. What could be the problem ? any thing i can do to debug it ? i have another Spartan 3E board and it works fine.

Reply to
kislo

the LED is on even though i hold PROG_B low

Reply to
kislo

Check shorts. Check power voltages. Check the schematics.

Reply to
sky465nm

all checked

Reply to
kislo

when measured all the signals are grounded, including the unconnected jtag signals (which should be pulled high from internal pull ups) .. can the FPGA be damaged somehow ?

Reply to
kislo

ter

ers

ny

Hi, Did you try to read the device in JTAG chain ? Or Try put the FPGA in Master Serial Mode and check if it drives "CCLK" pin to see if the device is alive !

I still think that the issue lies with some sort of short circuit on board. Recheck the schemetics and if possible, upload it some where. So that others could see those and give their comment.

Hope this helps

/MH

Reply to
Moazzam