SPARTAN3E SK LCD

I have SPARTAN3E STARTER KIT and I'm uncomfortable with its LCD off-backlight. I would like to turn on it permanently. Is it safe to turn on LCD backlight with 5V SPARTAN3E SK-PSU by connecting pin15 (LCD BL Anode) to pin2 (LCD VDD) and pin16 (LCD BL Cathode) to pin1 (LCD VSS / Ground)? Please advise me, thank you.

Reply to
Eka From Indonesia

The Spartan-3E Starter Kit board uses a PowerTip PC1602-D character LCD screen that does not include a backlight.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)