Spartan3E Parallel Flash Programming (with free Spartan 3e Sample Pack)

Hi

I am really happy to see my Sample Pack board to boot again from on board flash - in my attempt to reprogram it I did manage to burn (with a small hole on top of the IC package) all the onboard power supply and to partially damage the strataflash on board. and when attempting to check the flash using universal scan my FPGA based PCI Cable III burned completly as well.

so I ended up desoldering a TSOP56 flash from Avent Virtex4LX25 board and replacing the damaged flash on the sample pack board.

and shortly after that the board did reboot again from the configuration programmed into the flash.

the "standalone flash programmer for the sample pack board" will be available shortly.

if anyone needs it already now, please email me

to my best efforts I did not manage to programm the flash using the 'approuch' suggested in the sample pack manual, maybe other are more lucky, but I have given up, or better waiting for EDK 8.1 or the webcase solution

Antti PS I wonder that the free Spartan3e Sample Pack doesnt seem to be available in Europe? (only in north america and asia/pacific)

Reply to
Antti Lukats

"Antti Lukats" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dp0vtb$8d9$03$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

comments to myself - it looks like nahitech is programming the flash on the sample pack board with their JTAG tools -

on the above link the Actual DVD box is seen along with 25USD OFF splash, for the case the text on the picture is not readable:

it is a discount offer for 25USD from Spartan 3e Starterkit price, valid til

31.01.2006

so do not order the Starterkit before getting the free Sample Pack :)

Antti PS too bad nahi decided to discontinue their free JTAG stuff, now all his things are commercial with no demo no eval and whats even worse only in japanese

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti, So the Google taskbar gives you a 'transrate into Engrish feature' when you right click on the web page. I translated the first couple of paragraphs for you below. What you say? Spartan3E Sample Pack The variety you knew concerning the board which with the ET2005 was distributed with pulling out selection.

First, name of this board seems that, " Spartan3E Sample Pack ". As for this, it probably is the place such as the kind of board which is located between the Spartan3E Starter Kit where sale is planned in the Spartan3 Starter Kit of the example which is sold before and December of 2005.

HTH, Cheers, Syms. ;-)

Reply to
Symon

"Symon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43b429bf$0$15786$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

Hi Syms,

as I understand the free sample packs are to be distributed during january so that the 25OFF discount offer would still be valid.

the japanese reading was really funny after translation :)

the LTC dual 3by3mm switching supply is really cool, and the LTC6905 too well there is a mistake in the datasheet supplied with sample pack CD, it refers the resistor set version, but the board itself is fitted with fixd

50MHz actual measurement result was about 0.5% of from 50MHz on my board.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats