Spartan3E

Very interested for my new embedded product.

Some questions:

for when the first samples? for when on the production market? are the s3 and s3e FPGA pin compatible?

Thanks Laurent

Laurent Gauch

A quick view ds099-4/p36 versus ds312-4/p 22 show that they are non pin compatible.

Uwe Bonnes

Hi Laurent,

Samples of the XC3S100E are available now to early access customers. General sampling of the XC3S100E FPGA starts in May, followed roughly a month later by the XC3S500E and so on.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for some of the first Spartan-3E demonstration and development boards from the Xilinx sales partners.

The answer depends on the specific part number but volume production for the XC3S100E FPGA starts 3Q 2005. The entire product family is scheduled to be in volume production in 4Q 2005. Spartan-3E FPGAs are built on the same process technology as Spartan-3 devices so the time from first samples to volume production will be much shorter than it was for Spartan-3.

Unfortunatley no. One of the goals of Spartan-3E was to maximize I/O count in a given package. In order to squeeze those last few I/Os into the package, we had to sacrifice footprint compatibility. There is still, however, full footprint compatibility within the Spartan-3E family in a given package.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steven K. Knapp