spartan3a support DVI ?

spartan3a support T.M.D.S. signal standard ,but since DVI signals are

1000M or higher ,how can receive data from DVI ?
Reply to
huangjie

Have you read the user's guide?

Or,

Some applications use DVI processing chips.

Austin

Reply to
austin

Thanks ! I have read ug456 and s3a-dsp-userguide , this board use TI's TFP403, But I want directly input DVI signal without TFP403 since SPARTAN3A support TMDS signal standard. I'm confused by XILINX since spartan3a support TMDS,but how can I use it since spartan3a does not support giga-bit serdes. Have Xilinx developed soft serdes can support 1G ?

On 2=D4=C23=C8=D5, =C9=CF=CE=E73=CA=B110=B7=D6, austin w= rote:

Reply to
huangjie

Xilinx only says TMDS not DVI :)

so while limited DVI output may be possible full speed DVI input is not. and ASFAIK there is no DVI reference design available for S3A :(

Antti

Antti