spartan3 development board in Europe?

"Jens Baumann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42260dc0$0$29271$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

in

recommended

board,

digilent is s3-200 too SMALL memec is s3-400 ok soso

xess XSA 3S1000 is S3-1000 !! way larger

really recommend best bang for the bucks at the moment. they deliver almost immediatly, you will get tracking number confirmation not any problems at all

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi, I'd like to buy the Spartan3 board from Digilent

However, it seems not to be available in Europe, as previous discussions in this group show.

Another oprion would be Memec

although I'd prefer Digilent for several reasons (on board ram, recommended by Xilinx).

Is there any possibility to order the digilent board, clones of this board, or at least a board with equivalent specifications in Europe?

Thanks Jens

Reply to
Jens Baumann

in

recommended

board,

I would assume that Digilent would happily ship the board to Europe.

If not, the same board is also available from the Xilinx Online Store.

The information link for the board is below.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steven K. Knapp

Hi Digilent board is commonly distributed as xilinx starter kit spartan3

Personnaly I have bought digilent board spartan to a french distributor but I bought it a bit expensive comparatively to xilinx starter kit (with power supply & cable without documentation & software / no eval cd of ise =>160euros)

But You should wait to see the price of the next starter kit spartan3e that have more stuff on it , but for the price it's actually unknow :on board :S3e 500 -4, 32MByte SDRAM, usb2,ethernet phy , 2 lines LCD display.... sound great

Regards

Alexis

"Jens Baumann" a écrit dans le message de news:

42260dc0$0$29271$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...
Reply to
KCL

would you tell the distributor's name?

I don't want to order from th US, because I have no idea about customs fees.

any reference?

Jens

Reply to
Jens Baumann

"Jens Baumann" a écrit dans le message de news:

42262b9e$0$29283$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

the french distributor is lextronic

but I should have pay 160? for the board+supply+fee

but try avnet/silica the reference of board is DO-SPAR3-DK I was in touch with them for the xilinx starter kit if you want the commercial contact form avnet france ask me for the @

actually not it is just described on the xilinx website but as spartan3e 500 is not yet released, the board may be not, marketing guy sold the product before technie do it.... If you are not hurry to get it , you should wait and see

Reply to
KCL

We are in Europe and definately do a Spartan-3 board. Broaddown2 is available now. Also soon a small cheap S3 hobby/student board.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

in

recommended

board,

Reply to
John Adair

Jens .. reconsider the Digilent ....

If you go there , select the starterkit , click add to chart you get opportunity to select/upgrade to the new 2 boards they have.

Upgrade to a S3-400 for $20 Upgrade to a S3-1000 for $50

Wish the S3-1000 was there when i bought from Xilinx

Ohh Btw: I payed $29 @ Xilinx for shipment , but no additionals/SalesTax (maybe i was just lucky it came via DHL i think)

Rgds Carsten Denmark

Reply to
Carsten

You are not the first to suggest a bigger FPGA. Since I'm new to FPGA development, I'm not sure, how many gates are necesseary. What kind of device did you build, which did not fit into an S3-200? How many gates would the Microblaze require, just as an example?

Jens

Reply to
Jens Baumann

I'd say 99% of the S3-200 :-(

But there are PicoBlaze , and its free.

I'd definately go for the S3-1000 if i should buy now

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

No Problem. I ordered things from Xilinx and there is usally 16% "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer". When the postmen rings twice he wannts to collect it.

Regards Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Rudloff

No Problem with ordering from the US. I ordered things from Xilinx and there is usally 16% "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer". When the postman rings twice he wants to collect it.

Regards Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Rudloff

Hello Jens,

Altium is offering an eval board with a Xilinx® SpartanT-3 FPGA Device (XC3S400-4FG456C) for EUR 99,-. You can order it from the local Altium office located in germany. More info about this board is available at:

It comes with a 1 moth eval license of the Altium Nexar Software. But in case you don't want to purchase the Nexar software afterwards you can still use the board as a 'normal' evaluation board together with the Xilinx software.

Ciao, Ulrich

"Jens Baumann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42260dc0$0$29271$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

in

recommended

board,

Reply to
Ulrich Kloidt

Yes, I found this board yesterday and I think, I will order it. Does Altium somewhere confirm, that the board is usable with the Xilinx software?

Jens

Reply to
Jens Baumann

Altium

I haven't found it written somewhere explicit. But I've checked the PDF file containing the schematics of the LiveDesign eval board. And herein the parallel port interface schematic is listed in chapter 'ISE Parallel Port Interface' too. It is described as 'Printer Port JTAG Interface (ISE Compatible)'.

--
Ulrich
Reply to