Spartan XL Tool Support

Hello I want to use Spartan XL FPGA for a project and found out that my
installation of the Xilinx ISE 5.2 i (Alliance) does not support this
I can only install later versions of the Spartan devices and not the XL

Can I get some suggestions on what I should do to use Spartan XL? I dont
want to go to the WebPack Option.

Re: Spartan XL Tool Support
Hi Anup,

Current 5.2i version does not support SpartanXL. For using the XC4000 or
Spartan/XL devices, you should download the free ISE-Classics package (which
is basically version 4.2i +Sp-3) from here for the PAR support (no

For synthesis, you should use the old FPGA Express if you still have the
license, or go with a 3rd party synthesis tool like Leonardo/Synplify.

If you are based in India, I can help you with a CD, send me an email