Spartan 3E, Output File

I'm using all Xilinx tools, namely ISE WebPACK.

So I am to the point where I've got my VHDL written, and when I send the program using iMPACT, it loads in SRAM and performs as expected. So I'm ready to get this project to my hardware guy to design the board for our product.

My question is, what file do I actually write to the EEPROM that we'll have connected to the Spartan? I see the "Generate PROM, ACE, or JTAG file" task, but when I run that I receive the following error:

Active mode is BS ERROR:iMPACT - base class function generate() is called. // *** BATCH CMD : quit Count ReleaseSemaphore rc = 298.

Again, using the "Configure Device (iMPACT)" task I can run iMPACT and load the SRAM of my Spartan 3E, and the device does what it should. I just need help in figuring out what file I'll be wanting to send to the PROM we'll be using.

Thanks!

Alex McHale

Reply to
Alex

You don't get Impact? If not, right click on the "Generate PROM, ACE, or JTAG file" task and select "Properties...". Turn off "Automatically Generate PROM or ACE file". Try rerunning it. Impact should open up.

Reply to
Duane Clark