Spartan-3E DIG-3E1600 Development Board Kit

Hi, I wonder if someone know where I can buy the "Spartan-3E DIG-3E1600 Development Board Kit"

but not from xilinx (says to buy from digilent) and not from digilent (says board not currently available).

Some month ago I contacted Digilent and their answer was "We will not be selling this board in the foreseeable future"

thanks Sandro

Reply to
Sandro

I thought the only reason the board was currently unavailable for sale directly by Digilent was because the more costly bundled version

used that same board. If Xilinx has the raw board as "Buy from Digilent" it may be that Digilent can now sell the board even though the web page says "Not surrently available for sale."

Please try calling the folks at Digilent - they're pretty responsive but sometimes get a backlog in their email. Phone calls can go more quickly!

If you can use the EDK bundle, you should be able to get that through distribution per the Xilinx page referenced above.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

John, I know the "Spartan-3E 1600E MicroBlaze Development Kit" use the same board ...but I don't need EDK...

thanks anyway Sandro

Reply to
Sandro

Buy it, and resell the EDK?

At some point Digilent will probably start selling that board directly, without the EDK. Their deal with Xilinx might have an exclusivity period, or they might just not yet be able to build more than Xilinx is ordering. But the other Digilent boards sold by Xilinx have eventually become available directly from Digilent.

I got one recently (and did need the EDK), but I don't need the Platform USB Cable, as I already had one. I'll probably find a use for the second one eventually.

I was somewhat surprised that it is bundled with the Platform USB Cable, since the equivalent of that cable is actually built into the board. When I read the specs, I thought the mention of a USB cable meant that they were including just a literal USB cable to plug the board into a USB host.

If you actually need the board, EDK, and a Platform USB Cable, it's quite a bargain.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Well, they used to (I got one), but stopped around the time Xilinx started offering it for sale for much more. That suggests something to me.

Too bad, it's a nice card (except for the lame 3-bit VGA). The Spartan-3A kit fixes that, but the XC3S700A is way too small IMO.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

I got the board from them early on as well. I figured the Xilinx exclusivity was the reason for "not currently for sale" but since XIlinx has the "buy from Digilent" link, if anyone wants this board...

Call Digilent, please!

Reply to
John_H

Hi all, this is just to inform that I contacted by e-mail digilent about 3 weeks ago and their answer was: "We don't have them for sale at this time but we will have them in the near future..."

well... now is the "near future" ;-) the board is available for sale from digilent !

Sandro

Reply to
Sandro