Spartan-3 Starter Kit newbie question

Hello,

With Xilinx ISE, I have create a small project. I have a .bit file that I can download into the fpga with Impact. It works well ! But now, I want to download the corresponding configuration file into the flash. Impact asks me to select a .mcs file, and I have no .mcs file. What can I do create such a file ? Thanks.

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert

"Olivier Scalbert" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43aff2c2$0$10968$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be...

ISE Generate Programming File Generate PROM, ACE or JTAG File

then select proper setting and generate .MCS

then switcg impact to programming mode and configure the flash device

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Thanks for your help ! It works. Now, I can put my blinking starter kit board onto the Christmas tree with no connected pc ! ;)

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert