Spartan 3 Starter Kit .mcs upload problem

Hi,

I have a problem in uploading an .mcs file from the Spartan 3 Starter Kit reference designs to the flash prom.

Specifically it is the design "Micro Blaze Master System" from

I use Impact from the ISE WebPack vers. 8.1 and follow the standard prescription for uploading .mcs files which - for example - always works with the factory default .mcs or the .mcs I produced from own designs. Concretely I assign the chosen .mcs file to the flash prom with Impact, select the prom type xcf02s and then execute "program" with "verify" selected.

But in the case mentioned above ("Master System") this gives me an error in the verification phase after the upload. The error is accompanied by a message "non contiguous address" (or the like).

What could be the reason for this ? Hardware fault ? Incompatibility with newer Impact ? Wrong procedure on my side ?

To check for hardware problems I tried "blank" with "verify empty" on the prom with Impact, this went through without error.

I would be very happy if someone could help me resolve this problem, so that I can test all features of the board with this example design.

Greetings

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Böhm                                            www.aviduratas.de
"At a time when so many scholars in the world are calculating, is it not

I had a similar problem with the S3 kit while ago. The problem somehow disappeared when i did the following:

Decrease the programming frequency, then run a script that blanks flash and then programms it _twice_ before verification.

bruns

J=FCrgen B=F6hm wrote:

.de

Reply to