spartan 3 sample

Hi
Has anybody received spartan 3? The loc distributor claims that it
hasnt been shipped. Any idea on the availability
ANjan

Re: spartan 3 sample
: Hi
: Has anybody received spartan 3? The loc distributor claims that it
: hasnt been shipped. Any idea on the availability

Look at the latest Spartan III datasheets (ds099-1.pdf). All devices are
still marked as not released yet. From this group I expect that in the next
weeks a batch of engineering samples (probaly S50/200/400/1000 ?) with get
out to the distributors. Only the S50J is available (without
BRAM/Multipliers).

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: spartan 3 sample
Actually, we have had a number of 1000J's since the beginning of August
last year.

They are not suppose to last too long in a 3.3V system, but they
work great in a few designs we have especially with the new speed
files (still needs to be faster though :-).

The problem now appears to be getting production parts in volume.
I have wanted to place an order for months, but they can't give
me a delivery date, so we can't launch the product :-(

ricky

Re: spartan 3 sample

Maybe you don't want enough ? - This is a press release
that seems to be claiming high volume adoption ?
-jg

#Thursday January 8, 5:43 pm ET
#About Xilinx Low Cost FPGAs
#Xilinx first shipped the Spartan-3 family in March 2003 as the world's
#first and only FPGA utilizing 90nm process technology. The Spartan-3
#platform is the world's lowest cost FPGA with unrivaled price points,
#starting at under $2.95*.
#<...> This has driven Spartan-3 device adoption further into higher
#volume consumer applications and hastened the decline of ASIC designs.

Site Timeline