spartan 3 sample

Hi Has anybody received spartan 3? The loc distributor claims that it hasnt been shipped. Any idea on the availability ANjan

Reply to
Anjan

Anjan wrote: : Hi : Has anybody received spartan 3? The loc distributor claims that it : hasnt been shipped. Any idea on the availability

Look at the latest Spartan III datasheets (ds099-1.pdf). All devices are still marked as not released yet. From this group I expect that in the next weeks a batch of engineering samples (probaly S50/200/400/1000 ?) with get out to the distributors. Only the S50J is available (without BRAM/Multipliers).

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Actually, we have had a number of 1000J's since the beginning of August last year.

They are not suppose to last too long in a 3.3V system, but they work great in a few designs we have especially with the new speed files (still needs to be faster though :-).

The problem now appears to be getting production parts in volume. I have wanted to place an order for months, but they can't give me a delivery date, so we can't launch the product :-(

ricky

Reply to
Ricky Sticky

Maybe you don't want enough ? - This is a press release that seems to be claiming high volume adoption ?

-jg

#Thursday January 8, 5:43 pm ET #About Xilinx Low Cost FPGAs #Xilinx first shipped the Spartan-3 family in March 2003 as the world's #first and only FPGA utilizing 90nm process technology. The Spartan-3 #platform is the world's lowest cost FPGA with unrivaled price points, #starting at under $2.95*. # This has driven Spartan-3 device adoption further into higher #volume consumer applications and hastened the decline of ASIC designs.

Reply to
jim granville