Spartan-3 : preconfiguration pull-up/float ?

Hi,

For the Spartan-II, the preconfiguration pullup resistors were selected by the M2 configuration pin. What about for the Spartan-3?

My new design has to connect an ARM7TDMI bus to the SPARTAN-3. I need to make sure my ucLinux will boot correctly, and so make sure about the IO pins states of the SPARTAN-3 on the poweron.

Regards, Laurent

Reply to
Amontec Team

Like Virtex-II and Virtex-II Pro, the Spartan-3 FPGA pre-configuration pull-up resistors are controlled by the HSWAP_EN pin.

0 = Enables weak pull-up resistors on all pins not actively involved in the configuration process.

1 = No pull-up resistors during configuration.

After configuration, this pin is not used and should be kept at a logic 0 or

  1. See page 13 of the Spartan-3 data sheet (Module 4, Pinouts) for more information.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. Spartan-3/II/IIE FPGAs

--------------------------------- Spartan-3: Make it Your ASIC

Reply to
Steven K. Knapp