Spartan 3, Microblaze and FPU

Folks, I'm looking at a design problem that may need a floating point unit (single precision is fine). Part of the unknown at this point is that it would be running with the Microblaze embedded soft core on a Spartan

3S400. Do you have any recommendations for an FPU? Does such a configuration leave room (system gates, on-chip resources, etc) for anything else in terms of running a DSP type calculations (e.g. adaptive filters) and device control? I've seen the core provided by Quixilica, but would prefer to go to something free or open source due to the fact that I may find out it's not the solution, esp for the prototying phase. Thanks,

-HT

Reply to
Herb T

well the realization i arrived at was that probably the Spartan 3 would not be the platform to try and do complex math ops, but instead to do all the complex design stuff up front and only have the processor do the simple arithmetic ops to get the data I needed.

-ht

Reply to
Herb T

Reply to