Spartan 3 kit FPGA configuration problem

I can program the platform flash OK on my Spartan 3 kit using the parallel
cable and the application runs OK, but I can't configure the FPGA on its
own. When I try to program the FPGA I get an error message about the msk
file, which is used for flash, not FPGA, programming. I've tried setting the
flash device to BYPASS, but that doesn't help.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: Spartan 3 kit FPGA configuration problem
Leon,
the msk file (mask file) is used for verifying the content of the fpga
(read back) against the *.bit file
if you click right in impact (with the mouse on the part) and uncheck
verify, will work.
Aurash

 __
/ /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut
Re: Spartan 3 kit FPGA configuration problem

Thanks very much, Aurash. It works OK, now.

I noticed that Verify was ticked and thought of unticking it, but it didn't
really seem relevant. 8-(

Leon

Site Timeline