Spartan 3 - insurge current

Any of you has concrete numbers of the insurge current for the XC3S1000? how long does it take to go through the high current period?

I'll appreciate any feedback.

thanks,

paul

Reply to
paul

There is no high-current "insurge" upon power-on in Xilinx Virtex-II and later, nor in Spartan-3 devices. We fixed that old problem many years ago... Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Any of the more modern Xilinx architectures (Virtex-II, Virtex-II Pro, Spartan-3/-3E) do not have a power-on surge current requirement in order to power on the FPGA. The current requirements are essentially the same as the maximum quiescent requirements listed in the data sheet.

For example, the XC3S1000 limits are described in Table 7, page 5 of the following document.

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steven K. Knapp

period?

Pro,

order to

as the

the

Pet, Steve, Thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate it.

Paul

Reply to
paul