Spartan-3 boards comparison

I am about to buy an fpga dev board for personal use and am not able to decide between xess XSA-200 board which costs $149 and the spartan-3 starter kit from digilent costing $100(without jtag cable-$20). the features are more or less the same except for sram/sdram on board differences. can those of you who know more about these boards or used them give some suggestions on how they compare.

thanks for all your feedback

Reply to
Neo

Hi,

I would take the board with the SDRAM from XESS. For applications like image or soundprocessing a little bit more ram never hurts.

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc