SPARATAN 2E - input clock

Is it possiable to arrive clock signal to spartan 2e, if I have already used all global clocks (device compromises 4 global clocks).

If I arrived input clock signal on I/O pin (not global) ISE 6.3.03 shows me following error: ERROR:Pack:1107 - Unable to combine the following symbols into a single GCLKIOB component: PAD symbol "CLK_1M" (Pad Signal = CLK_1M) GCLKIBUF symbol "clkDAC_bufg" (Output Signal = CLK_1M_BUF) Each of the following constraints specifies an illegal physical site for a component of type GCLKIOB: Symbol "CLK_1M" (LOC=P3) Please correct the constraints accordingly.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Reply to
amko

Hello,

I think the problem is that your synthesizer is infering a GCLKIBUF for 'clkDAC', exactly what you have told it to do (although you are probably not aware of that) and then when ISE loads the UCF and sees LOC=P3 it can't find a GCLKIBUF allocated to it, just a normal IBUF... you need to tell your synthesizer not to allocate GCLKIBUF for clkDAC... or you could also modify your RTL and connect an IBUF to clkDAC before it starts driving any FF.

Regards, Ulises Hernandez

Reply to
I. Ulises Hernandez