Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain

Does anyone know where I can download the source to the NIOS GNU
toolchain? Altera's web site gives some instructions:

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/rd11272000_7307.html

But when logging in to the FTP site, I can only see empty directories.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
JonB

Re: Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain
Check again.  I'm downloading a version 3.1 that has todays date on it.

I've downloaded previous versions, but never done much with them.  It would
be nice to add a little feature here or there.  (like jumping to the source
position from Insight to Visual Studio)

Not sure if its worth it though with rumors of an improved IDE with Nios II.

Ken

Re: Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain

Bizzare. Perhaps they were in the process of updating it when I
looked. I've now got it, but it fails to build GCC on either Linux or
CygWin:

./genattr ../../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md > tmp-attr.h
'./../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md:211: unknown rtx code `define_split
../../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md:211: following context is `  [(set
(match_operand:SI 0 "general_operand" "")'

Did it work for you?

Cheers,
JonB

Re: Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain
Didn't work here, but I didn't try very hard.  We used to use gcc in the
early '90's and so I used to rebuild it on Solaris alot back then, but not
since.

From looking through the gnuprotools distribution, all I see is code for the
stdlibs - no gdb or insight or anything too interesting.  Do you see more?

I'm not interested enough to put anymore into it.  It does what I need as
is.

:)
Ken

Re: Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain

Ah! You need to strip the \r's from nios.md!

Cheers,
JonB

Re: Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain

Also, does anyone know of a document that details all of the
instruction timings / latencies for NIOS?

Cheers,
JonB

Site Timeline