Sort of Running Quartus II on SuSE Linux 8.1

Quartus II on SuSE Linux 8.1

-- Installs fine.

-- quartus -g comes up fine.

-- Loads an existing project fine.

-- Recompiles a windows precompiled project fine

-- Can't compile a new project itself. Tries for a while then says

"Error: Current module quartus_map ended unexpectedly".

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Quartus II V3.0 SP2 works on Linux 8.2. I used to get your error before I installed the SP2 of Quartus charles B.

-- \\¦// (o o) ----------oOO--(_)--OOo------------------------------------------------

Max Planck Institute for Physics Charles Braquet Föhringer Ring 6 Dept. Elektronik Entwicklung

80805 Münich tel. : +49-(0)89-92354-249
fax : +49-(0)89-3226704 email: snipped-for-privacy@mppmu.mpg.de Oooo. .oooO ( ) ---------( )---) /--------------------------------------------------- \ ( (_/ \_)
Reply to
Charles Braquet

Given your good results, I will attempt to duplicate them and report back. Vielen Dank.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Quartus II V3.0 SP2 is running full compilations here on SuSE Linux 8.1. quartus_map error is gone.

Thanks Charles and someguy@Altera.

I may surplus my win2k box :)

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hi Mike,

Just tested it on SuSE 9.0 and the problem is gone here too.

Good idea! ;-)

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

Unfortunately it will not run on x86-64:

$cat /etc/SuSE-release SuSE Linux 8.2 (x86-64) VERSION = 8.2 $/net/sciraid2/raid2/home/local-linux-x86/altera/quartus2-3.0sp2/bin/quartus_sh Unknown Linux processor MWARCH: Undefined variable. MWCURRENT_LIBPATH: Undefined variable.

It might be possible to modify the script (qenv.csh) to think that it's running on a plain x86. Tools from Synopsys, Cadence, and even Xilinx ISE 6.1i runs on this machine.

As for using csh I would like quote Linus:

The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet in the deepest part of a very deep lake. (Linus Torvalds)

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?