Someone need to port LwIP to ll_temac core/wrapper?

Hallo, I have contacted GRSD team, the Xilinx developers of ll_temac, ll_gemac and multiport memory controller about porting LwIP to ll_temac. They told me that if there is enough demand, they do it, so if someone is interested can post here. Then if we reach sufficient demand I'll contact GRSD team.

--
Many Thanks
Marco Toschi

Hi,

I'm evaluating one option to transmit images over Gigabit Ethernet. The most efficient is the GSRD desing with the Treck TCP/IP stack using jumbo frames, but the Treck stack is not free and I'm thinking in others TCP/IP stacks like LwIP. If LwIP or uIP can support jumbo frames I would like to use them.

Another question is the device utilization grade of the temac design (79% of slices!!). There is no space enough for another sistems in the ML403 board, I will open one discussion about this.

Thanks

Reply to
David

Marco, I want it too!

I would also like to have a decent reference design for Virtex-4FX12 (ML403) which we all know it has lots of good hardware included (PPC and EMAC hardware cores), but the problem is size (since FX12 is the smallest of FX series). The new reference design should include: compact (one core if possible) and lightweight hard TEMAC core (probably Local Link - LL) with sizable FIFOs (to tune the core according to required performance and available BRAM) and open source lwIP stack (to avoid licensing).

I hope that we get enough interest in this topic,

Ales Gorkic, alias Guru

Reply to
Guru

Hello, I opened a webcase about it. Only plb_temac will support lwip and we can use it when edk sp2 will be released.

Now GSRD team has developed a MPMC 2 which is very customizable.

As soon as sp2 will be released I will test a system based on plb_temac and mpmc 2 controller.

Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

Yes, it would be great to have temac used by either lwip or Xilnet. As of now, we cant use the hard-core MAC just because of this reason.

Sen

Reply to
Sen

Hi Marco

What about the MPMC 2 component? Do you know if the GSRD has been updated?

Regards

Reply to
David

Hi David, I'm still waiting that GSRD team will port lwip to plb_temac. It will be available into EDK 8.2 release (not 8.1.2).

Marco

Reply to
Marco T.

Hi boys, good news!!

The GSRD team will be release a new version of the GSRD using the MPMC2 at the end of May.

I'm waiting that impatiently

Best regards

Reply to
David Q.