Simulation Tool with Video Display

Does any development IDE have a video output tool?

The simulation tool should allow large amounts of video data to be seen in one view. The data could be in different formats with different line/blanking signals. YCrCb color format would also be advantageous. For me right now color isn't an issue.

Simple use would be to click on Video_In and you would see a screen with your video input file, and then write something like this, for example, if Video_In > Threshold then Video_Out

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Not directly, but you can write some behavioural code in your test bench to capture the video and write it into a memory. Use the scripting facility of your simulator to read the contents of the memory and write it to a bitmap in a popup window. I know Modelsim can do this; I've seen it. (Note: this only works in the (expensive) versions of Modelsim that support Tk.)

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman